Sunday, September 30, 2012

Huge September Barnes & Noble Book Haul!

I hit my local Barnes & Noble today and came back out with at least 30 books I think. You have no idea how heavy and how many bags I had to carried. Although that trouble was totally worth it, because I love reading and I'm just doing something that I love. So lets get started.

1.) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- I have read two other Gillian Flynn books "Sharp Object" and "Dark Places" and her writing totally sucks me in to buying her latest book "Gone Girl."

2.) The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray- This is the third and last book in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. It is proceeded by A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels.

3.) A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin- If it's by George R.R. Martin, than of course it is in the awesome series of A Song of Ice and Fire.

4.) The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling- This book was just released like three days ago. I bought it without really knowing what it is about, except that it is by one of my all time favorite author that wrote the best series ever Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling. So I am indeed very excited to read this book.

5.) Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia + Margaret Stohl- This is the continuation of the Beautiful Creature series I think. And I love the series, although it is quite hard to get through since it's such a thick book.

6.) The Selection by Kiera Cass- I hear so many people giving this book 4-5 stars, so I just had to get it since many people describes it as a dystopian Cinderella like book. I think I will like this one very much.

7.) Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake- I also notice that this book had been getting high ratings and since it is almost October, the month of Halloween; I decided to add it to my book list.

8.) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie- This is a detective fiction novel that was as highly rated as Anna Dressed in Blood as well.

9.) Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward- This is the latest book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. If you didn't know, I started reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series since the year the first book came out. Then, with all the other new and famous books being really popular, it kind of gotten in the way of me reading Lover Reborn. Now I am starting to get into it again.

10.) The Kill Order by James Dashner- This is basically the prequel to the Maze Runner trilogy. To be honest, I didn't really like the Maze Runner trilogy that much. Except the first book of the trilogy "The Maze Runner" of course. But I decided to buy this one, since it's only a prequel, not in the actual trilogy.

11.) Enclave by Ann Aguirre-This book have really good reviews and ratings on goodreads, which is where I know what books I want to buy when I go to the book store. Or sometime I will check on Barnes & Noble website for books that I want to buy, but I always go to the store and buy them. I rarely order books online. From what I can tell from the back of the book, before you're 15 years old you get put into one of three groups; a breeder, a builder, or a hunter. So it's kind of the like the typical dystopian books that I like to read.

12.) Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick- This is from the Ashes trilogy, I didn't even notice that until I was in the car and checked out the books a bit. Anyway, the reason that I bought this book was because it was in the new release section under the Kill Order on Barnes & Nobles website a few days I went to the store. Although I didn't really like The Maze Runner trilogy, but I still think that James Dashner is a really great writer. And I saw that he recommended and really likes this book; I thought if he likes it, then I might like it too.

13.) The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Long- So my friend saw me reading "Entwined" months ago, and she said that I would really like this book since she saw that the cover art was on the same line. And I meant to get this books since then, but I just forgot about it whenever I go the bookstore.

14.) Crown Duel and Court Duel by Sherwood Smith- So these are two books in the same book duet, and the little overview is that it is set in the old days where the main protagonist is a Young Countess Meliara. So Meliara swore to her father on his death day that she and her brother would help defend from growing hatred to king. This lead to a war that they both were unprepared for, and the sequel to it is just it's continuation. This totally sucks me in, beside of dystopian and chick flick, I am also interested in these historical fiction stories as well.

Okay, so I feel like if I am going to keep talking about every books I bought today, this is going to be like a 500 pages essay. So now I am going to just list every books that I bought and if the total sucks you in, you can read reviews about it on like Barnes & Noble website or goodreads.




15.) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
16.) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
17.) Son by Lois Lowry(the giver quartet)
18.) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
19.) The Duke and I by Julia Quinn(bridgerton series#1)
20.) The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn(bridgerton series #2)
21.) Welcome to Last Chance by Hope Ramsay
22.) Home at Last Chance by Hope Ramsay
23.) Last Chance Beauty Queen by Hope Ramsay
24.) Last Chance Bride by Hope Ramsay
25.) Last Chance Christmas by Hope Ramsay
26.) Legend by Marie Lu
27.) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
28.) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
29.) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
30.) Fahrenheit 451
31.) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
32.) The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
33.) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
34.) Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot (Heather Wells Series #1)
35.) Shanghai Girls by Lisa See

Now I am filled with excitement of books to last me through fall, and I'll be doing another book haul when winter is closer. For now, see you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment