Saturday, June 1, 2013

Current Everyday Skincare Routine, Morning & Night

                                 

As you guys may know, I switch up my skincare routine pretty regular, about every 2-3 months. This is my third month doing this skincare routine. I'll be showing you guys what I do everyday, morning and night. I want to start off my saying that I have oily/combination skin.

Morning Routine:

Step 1: I cleanse my face with warm water and then I apply the Caudalie Cleansing Water by massaging it into my skin for about one minute. Then, I cleanse it with cold water. You can find this cleanser at high end department stores like Nordstrom, which was where I got mine. Although this cleanser is a bit on the pricier side, it is such a great investment. It smells very nice and is soft on the skin which is great for all skin type.


Step 2: After I have cleanse my face, I go directly to moisturizing my face. My morning routine is pretty simple, I basically just cleanse and moisturize. The moisturizer I use is the Skylake Sun Screen SPF 50 PA+++. Now that the sun weather is getting hotter and closer to summer, I really take more care of my skin to protect it from the sun. I do not want wrinkles. So I apply this a decent amount, about a nickel size and spread it all through out my face and whatever is left on my hand I apply it down to my neck and jawline. I'm not sure where you can find this product here in the United States, because I bought mine when I was in South Korea.


Step 3: The last step for my morning skincare routine is to apply an eye cream with my ring finger. The eye cream I use is the Skylake Natural Oriental Herb Eye Cream. I really like this eye cream. It works amazing.


Nighttime Routine:

Step 1: If I wear makeup, I would first remove my makeup with the Olay Fresh Effects S'Wipe Out Refreshing Makeup Removal Cloths. It comes in a pack of 20 cloths for $5 at Ulta and you can also find it many other drugstores. So I think that it is a pretty good deal, but one warning though is that it can sting your eyes. I use it on my eyes as well and stings very much the first time I use it, because I didn't know it would stings that bad. It takes off my face and eye makeup very well, so just a little heads up.


Step 2: This next time I do it regardless of wearing makeup or not. I use the same cleanser I use in the morning the Caudalie Cleansing Water. With this product, I use it the exact same way I use it in the morning. Although, if I am using a scrub after this, I would wash it with warm water. If I don't use a scrub after this, I would cleanse it away with cold water. A key to great skin when using a cleanser is to first cleanse your face with warm water, so that it can open up your pores and work the product into the skin better.


Step 3: This next step I do twice a week and that is to exfoliate my skin. The scrub I use is the too cool for school Mcgirly Rice Scrub. This is a Korean brand, so I don't know where you can find it in the United States. I cleanse this away with cold water to close up my pores, so any bacteria won't get into my skin.


Step 4: I do this step every night after I cleanse or after I exfoliate. That is to tone, toning helps tighten your pores and just make sure any excess dirt are all remove away from your skin. It makes your skin feels nice and refreshing afterward as well. I don't recommend to do this step morning and night everyday, but I recommend to do it everyday either in the morning or at night. I prefer to do it at night, because in the morning I am too lazy to do many steps in cleansing my face. The toner I use is the MIZON Mela Defense White Boosting Toner. I like this specific toner, because it helps lighten any acne scars and imperfections scars I have on my skin.


Step 5 & 6: I repeat step 2 and 3 of my morning skincare routine. I moisturize and prime.

*Additional Step:
I would give myself a facial by putting on a face mask 3-4 times a month. I do this after I cleanse my skin or after I exfoliate my skin. I do this at night only, never in the morning. The mask I use is the Skin Food Rice Mask Wash Off. As it claims, it is a wash off mask and it works very well on the skin. It is not too harsh, and it smells pretty good. I leave it on for 20 minutes.


You guys might be wondering why I am using a lot of Asian or Korean brands lately, but that is because I notice that Asian products somehow work better on my skin better than American or European products. This is the reason why if you are wondering. Thank you for your time to read this post, and I hope you have learned something new in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment