Saturday, May 19, 2012

Inexpensive Makeup for High School



I know that the school year is about to come to an end for most people, so I am so sorry that this post is going way late. Although, you can wear it anytime and is appropriate for anyone; it's very simple and wearable. You can also use this for the next school year and it is also very appropriate for most workplace. However, this post leans more toward and is meant to be an all inexpensive makeup for high school students or anyone around the age range of 14-18 years old. So it's great for students that don't have money or are making little to no money.

Face:

1.) Moisturize your face, neck and ears with at least an SPF 15 moisturizer.

2.) The next step is to apply the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream with your fingers. I really like this BB cream considering that it is the cheapest BB cream I have and that it is a drugstore product. It goes on very well, blend it good enough and give good coverage. I wouldn't say that it is the best BB Cream I've tried, but it gets the job done and is pretty good. And I would suggest a BB cream because it is lightweight and is in between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. If you don't know what a BB Cream is it is like a face primer, foundation and a moisturizer in one.  And one thing why I like this specific bb cream is that it has SPF like most and many BB Cream does, but I would still recommend to use an SPF moisturizer underneath because not the whole SPF will be spread onto your skin evenly with the BB Cream. So using this bb cream will cut down a step of your makeup routine which will save a bit of time.

3.) This next step is optional especially if you have good to little pimple skin, because the BB Cream should do most of the work of covering up your imperfections. But if you still need or want more coverage I would recommend apply the Maybelline SuperStay 24 HR Concealer with the warmth of your finger onto the desire spot(s).

4.) The following step is a concealer for under your eyes and my current favorite inexpensive under eyes concealer is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. Basically, how I apply this product is to twist it till the product comes out and apply it in a triangle shape under my eyes and than blend it in my skin with my ring finger. This step will make a huge difference, it will make you look more wide awake especially in the morning when you are waking up and not feeling like going to school.

5.) Then, take a big flat top kabuki powder brush my favorite inexpensive is the ELF Powder Brush which is only like $1-$5 I think at Target. So with this brush take it in with the Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder for Sensitive Skin. This is my current favorite inexpensive powder, it works great for all skin type.

Eyes:

1.) The first step for the eyes is to take the Sephora Eye Primer Pot with your ring finger and apply a light even coat to your eyelid, lower lash line and the inner corner. It retails for 8 US dollars at Sephora, which is considerably cheap.

2.) Now, here is my favorite part and that is the eyeshadows. My all time favorite drugstore eyeshadow pallete is the Covergirl Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Eyeshadows in Shimmering Sands. Take an EcoTools Eye Shading Brush with the middle color and apply 1-2 coats of it to your lids using padding motions. Then, take the same brush with the highlight color and highlight your browbone and inner corners with the light color. Lastly, take the same brush with the darkest color and apply it to your crease and lower lash line.

3.) Wipe the EcoTools brush very well and use it to blend your eyeshadows till you can't blend anymore.

4.) The next step is take the Sonia Kashuk Bent Eye Liner Brush and dip it in the L'Oreal HIP Studio Secrets Cream Liner in Black and line your upper tide line and just lightly on your outer upper lash line.

5.) The last two steps is to just curl your lashes and my favorite drugstore eyelash curler is the one by Revlon. And my current favorite drugstore mascara is the Covergirl LashBlast 24 Hour Mascara in Very Black. One thing I have to say though is that this mascara does transfer a bit to your crease during your 7-9 hours wear of it, but other than that I have no problem with it. I can just get a Q-Tip and wipe it off real quick.

Brows: This one I would suggest to find a good pigmented matte single eyeshadow and apply it with the Sonia Kashuk Brow Brush. And the brow gel that I suggest is the Covergirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara. It's just a clear mascara that is really great as a brow gel.

Cheeks:

1.) With an ELF Studio Blush Brush use it with the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush and apply it to the back of your cheeks and up to your temples. I love this blush, because it gives off the perfect amount and it is just a happy go lucky blush overall.

Lips:

1.) I suggest a nice natural lip color. So to achieve this you need to first moisturize your lips with a good SPF lip balm or chapstick and make sure your lips are smooth.

2.) One of my favorite drugstore lipstick is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick in Airy Fairy number 1573. It's just a nice, and moisturizing natural lip color that is like my lip color but better kind of look.

3.) To go along with the lipstick I would recommend the ELF Hypershine Gloss in Bare. It seriously will go with any lip color and all you have to do is just twist it and the product will come out.

Sets:
The last step that I like and always do in my makeup routine is to spritz my face 2-3 times with a makeup mist. My favorite inexpensive one is the ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set. I've mentioned this product a few times before in my posts and it is the only drugstore makeup setting spray I like.

Hope you all will do this look and enjoy it! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment