Monday, May 28, 2012

My Favorite Drugstore BB Cream Routine



Summer is here in less than a month, so this post is going to be very helpful and exciting for both me and you guys. In this post I will be presenting my ALL TIME FAVORITE foundation(bb cream) routine for my face. It is light weight compare to a real foundation routine. I will be using all and by all I mean "all" drugstore products, from brushes to concealers. I love this routine, because since it's Spring it's very suitable, but when it's starting to get chilly again I can build it up; since I don't have to worry about the makeup meltdown. I also love this routine when I go traveling, because I don't have to worry about the products getting lost or breaking since it's not that expensive.

Steps:

1.) I first start off by moisturizing my skin with my current favorite moisturizer, and it is the Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer Combination/Oily SPF 15. I know that I used to rave about the one by Clean & Clear, but I honestly love Olay moisturizers and products a lot more. And since my mom love Olay, I decided to go back to it again. I would recommend this moisturizer and to be specific, Olay to anyone that is interested. Although, the bb cream I am going to use has both SPF and moisturizing properties in it, I still like to use a separate moisturizer. I don't think that the moisturizer in any BB cream works as justice as a real actual moisturizer.

2.) However, a BB Cream does cut a step for me and that is priming. A BB Cream is many products in one, it's design to be a moisturizer, primer and foundation and I think that the primer part of it works wonders. So I do not prime my face whenever I am using a BB Cream. The BB Cream I am using is the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. I squirt out two dime size of the product and put two dots on each sections of my face and put whatever is left to my neck and my ears. I then just use the warmth of my finger to blend the bb cream into my skin.

3.) My favorite concealers are by Maybelline and Revlon. But my favorite for Spring to perfect my blemishes is the Revlon Colorstay Concealer. It is lighter than the ones that I like from Maybelline, so it's very appropriate for Summer and for any season overall. I put it on the back of my hand and use my finger to place it on any imperfections and blend it in real well by using my fingers to tap it in.

4.) For under my eyes I like to use a separate concealer and my current favorite is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer. I basically, just twist the product up and apply it in a triangle shape under my eyes. Doing this will counteract the dark circles and make my under eyes areas glow a whole lot more. And I just use my ring fingers to blend the concealer in.

5.) I don't have a favorite setting powder. So I basically, just use any drugstore setting powder that is translucent since it's summer and that I like with a big fluffy powder brush from Essence of Beauty.

6.) The last step of course for my drugstore BB Cream routine is to set my face with the ELF Set & Mist Spray. It is I think $3-$5 at Target.

* I don't have a favorite routine for my eyebrows, which I know should be in this post. But if it's not my favorite I don't want to talk about it. Although my favorite eyebrows routine is using the Anastasia Beverly Hills products. But that of course is not drugstore, you can get it at Sephora tho.

And to pump up the intensity of the coverage, I suggest to use more of the concealer and pack on more setting powder. If you do it correctly, it will not look cakey and plus with the help of the ELF spray, it will definitely not look cakey. I suggest to go in with a flat top kabuki brush after spraying your face to help ease the cakeyness if your face does cake up.

That is the end to my Favorite Drugstore BB Cream Routine.

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried BB Cream before. Thanks for the post! :) I just wanted to let you know that I am having a giveaway. Please check it out! Thanks.

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete