Tuesday, June 19, 2012

$20 Makeup Challenge



 Hello sunshines! Today post will be about me doing the $20 makeup challenge. Basically, all I really did was finding makeup in my own collection and checking the prices to make sure that they all adds up to $20 or less. I know that some people that does this on YouTube actually goes out and buy new makeup for $20 or less, but I just find that unnecessary. The look I am going for today is very, very, and super natural, it is based off of Korean celebrities. If you watch many Korean Dramas or K-Pop a lot, you will no that the actresses and singers have very minimal makeup that looks like they don't have on any makeup. So lets get started into the fun, and little makeup challenge tag.

 Steps:

 1.) I first prime my face and my eyelids with the Claudia Stevens Perfection Primer Color Blend evenly with my hands. This product is $5.49.

 2.) For foundation, I took the Rimmel London Clean Finish Foundation, and just apply a nice even coat of it to my face and neck with my fingers. And remember to apply a light coat of this underneath the eyes with your ring finger, because we will be using this as a concealer as well. And then, if you still have imperfections you want to correct, take any finger with the foundation and pad it lightly over the desired area. This product is $3.99.

 3.) As far as the setting powder goes, with the ELF Essential Total Face Brush I am taking the Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Press Powder and apply that to my whole face and down to my neck. The brush is $1 and the powder is $4.94.

 4.) For eyes, I am taking the ELF Essential Duo Eyeshadow in Butter Pecan and take the lighter color with my finger and apply that all over my lid and up to the crease. This will just give you a nice, and natural wash of color for your eyes. This product is $1.

5.) Then, with my ELF Essentials Mechanical Eyelash Curler, I just curl my eyelashes regularly to open up my eyes. And this product was $1 and for mascara I will be using the ELF Essentials Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara in Crystal or my upper and lower lashes. And this clear mascara is $1 also.

 6) For my eyebrows, I will be taking my Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner in 648 Taupe to fill in my brows. And I will also be using this to line my upper lash line a bit. This is $0.99. And for a brow gel, I will be using the same ELF Essentials Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara in Crystal to set my brows in place.

 7.) Lastly, for lips and cheeks, I'll be using the same product. So the product we will be using is the ELF Essentials Lipstick in Sociable. It is a bright hot pink lipstick, so I will be applying that lightly to my lips. And for my cheeks, just take a bit on my fingers and apply it to my cheeks. This color will really brighten up your complexion and is suitable for any season. This product is another $1 makeup item.

 Total: $19.41(without tax)

Hope you all had enjoyed this fun makeup challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment