Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Eyebrows Routine + my Advice!


Eyebrows are one of those facial features that really shape your face. My advice to find your perfect eyebrows shape is to follow your natural brow bone. Do not try to shape an eyebrow that you see looks great on celebrities. Just because you see someone that have nice eyebrows and it looks good on them, doesn't mean it will look good on you. Another advice that I have for everyone and I got this from Michelle Phan. "Eyebrows are sisters, not twins." Meaning your eyebrows don't have to look the same on both side, because if you do your brows you will know that it is impossible to make both of your eyebrows look the same. So don't think that it is only you that wants twins eyebrows, everyone does but it is just very hard to do. But this post will cover everything that I do with my eyebrows, from waxing to filling them in.

I wax my brows every 2 weeks. So if I was to wax them today, the next time I would wax them again would be October 2nd. I sometimes go to the salon to get them wax, but usually I wax my own eyebrows at home it's way cheaper. The only reason that I would get them wax at a salon is if I am going to go to an event and I just feel lazy. But it doesn't even take that much time even if I was to wax them from my room. I make my own eyebrows wax using a DIY video from "SecretLifeOfaBioNerd" from YouTube here is a link to that video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTutmYBW6gA Basically, I just do exact everything she does and says. I use 2 teaspoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of water. I also does the little fabric strip trick that she uses.

I than would pluck that hair that is still left under my eyebrows, which the most I've gotten after waxing is 2 hair. I than would continuously plucking my eyebrows every time I do my makeup, but if I don't do my makeup that day I won't pluck my eyebrows. I also only pluck hairs under my eyebrows, I will never pluck hair that are above my eyebrows. The tweezers that I use are the Tweezerman Slant Tweezers Assorted Colors and I have them in Pink, but they have 2 other colors they are red and black. But since I am a pink girl, I go with pink. Although, they are $20 but they are such an investment. They will pluck any hair that you want to pluck, very easily. You can get them at Sephora, that was where I got mine.

Now for the filling part, I first shape my eyebrows the way I want it to be by using a spoolie. The spoolie I use is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Angle Eyebrow Brush and Spoolie Duo. I got them back in in February at Ulta and I've been using it since than. A spoolie if you don't know is basically like a clean and clear mascara won. So if you want to go the cheapest way I've found is after you've finished with a mascara. Don't throw the won away, clean it really well with water and you can use it as a spoolie. I would kind of shape them how I want and brush them up to see if there are any hair sticking up the tallest and I would cut from while I am using the spoolie brushing my eyebrows up using the Anastasia Eyebrows Scissors.

I fill them in with powder, because I think it works better for me and look the most natural. I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe, since I have blonde hair. Also, quick story I really don't know why I have naturally blonde hair, because my dad has blonde hair but my mom have black hair. I guess I got his gene, but anyway I would use the light shade to fill them in with the other side of my Anastasia Beverly Hills Spoolie, which has an angle eyebrow brush. But if I am feeling bold I would mix the lightest shade and the dark shade together.

After, all of this I would and the second to last step of my eyebrows is that I set them with a clear mascara. Which you can set your eyebrows with either a clear mascara or a brow gel, they both work exactly the same I've found. Another DIY at home I've found if you don't want to buy a clear mascara or brow gel is using a spoolie and spray it with hairspray than you can use it exactly like a brow gel or clear mascara. I use the Covergirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara in 800 Clear, because it was what I had and it is also really cheap. I believe I got it at the drugstore for $6 and it have lasted me a long time.

The last step that I sometimes do to my eyebrows is enhancing them. I use the Benefit Cosmetics High Brow which is a brow lifting pencil and it retails for $20 at Ulta or Sephora. It is a pinkish white cream that you put right under the arch of your eyebrows on the brow bone to help accentuate your eyebrows and make them more angled and define.

No comments:

Post a Comment