Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Books Haul

Like I've said in my "what i get for christmas" or something along those lines blog post, I'll be doing a separate haul on the books that I had received as Christmas presents. So every Christmas, I always received books from my relatives because I am SUCH a bookworm. I literally read 1-2 hours everyday. I usually read at night though, since it is more quiet in my house. And I am not doing this post to brag about what books I received for free. It is just that I really enjoy books hauls, as many of you have already know.

1.) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson- As many of you may know, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" has just released a movie for it which is currently playing in theaters right now. And I've seen the trailer for the movie since October and it seemed really interesting so I ask for the book for Christmas. Because I am planning on seeing the movie with my family and a few of my friends after I finished reading the book. Because I am already half way done through it. I get so sucked into the storyline. It is really interesting. It was given to me by my dad.

2.) The Girl that Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson- Then, I guess he decided to get the next book after the dragon tattoo one. Which, is "The Girl that Played with Fire". And I am already excited to read this one.

3.) A Game of Thrones A Song of Ice and Fire: Book 1 by George R. R. Martin-This next book is also really interesting. I didn't ask for it, but my uncle just bought it for me. I am probably going to read this after I finished with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've read the back cover and it quite interesting.

4.) The Lady of the Rives by Philippa Gregory- This one I had asked for for because I absolutely love like ancient European history novels. And not to mention that I love Philippa Gregory books.

5.) The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks- Nicholas Sparks just released his latest book which is "The Best of Me". And Nicholas Sparks is definitely one of my all time favorite author. His books all have a great storyline, I actually own 95% of his books. And a lot of them get made into movies like "A Walk to Remember".

6.) Can you keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella- The next book that I received was on my Christmas wishlist. I also love Sophie Kinsella books. I've bought 2 of her books last summer and it was absolutely beautiful. Her books are more of a fast beach read. And I am sometime into these kinds of books, so I had to ask for it for Christmas.

7.) Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- The next book is "Shiver". It is in a trilogy with 2 other books after it. But I read some reviews online of the book and it seem to be a really good book. So I asked for it for Christmas to see my opinions on it.

8.) The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell- One of my all time favorite book series are the Sex and the City series by Candace Bushnell. I've read all 6 books in the series, so I decided that I wanted the latest one that she had released for the series and it is "Summer and the City". I literally, recommend this book to any girl that is girly and interested in chic flick dramas if you know what I mean.

That was all the books that I had received for my Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment