Monday, December 12, 2011

Red Eyeshadows


Red! Red! Red! are really in for the upcoming fall seasons. If you guys didn't know already reds, crimsons or just any color that has red undertones are going to be super in this winter. In fact, it is already in style I've seen many models on the runway back in February for Fall/Winter 2011 and a lot of them has something in the red family on. Especially, red shadows; lips and nails, although today I'll be focusing all on the red shadows and how to rock them.

Now, red is not an easy color to rock especially on the eyes. Because ESPECIALLY if you have blue eyes it can make you look dead and sick. So my number one tip for that is "LESS is BEST". Meaning, you can still wear red eye makeup but you don't want it to be too stand out. You don't want red eyeshadows all over your eyes pairing it with red lips, that is just not flattering.

But if you don't have blue eyes, you probably can rock it however you want. Just make sure you look great in it.

Also, one last advice for me is to use a MATTE red color, not shimmery. Since, red is already a BOLD color having shimmers in it will just compete with the boldness which can conclude to tackiness. So I would suggest investing in a MATTE red eyeshadow over a shimmery or one that is lustre or has a schene to it.

My two favorite red shadows are ones by Make Up For Ever and Hot Topic.

Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow #158
Hot Topic Red Eyeshadow

If you don't want to spend too much money on a red shadow, I would say to go with the Hot Topic one. But if you don't mind or is a MUFE freak than I would recommend going with the Make Up For Ever #158 Eyeshadow. They are both a true matte red eyeshadow color.

I am not sure if they still sells the Hot Topic red eyeshadow, because I bought it back in the summer of 2009. And today I went onto the Hot Topic site and search for the red shadow that I have, but it wasn't on the site. So I don't know about that, but if you do see them in Hot Topic I would recommend to go ahead and snatch it up if you are interested.

Hot Topic- Hot Topic(obviously)
Make Up For Ever- Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment