Saturday, December 10, 2011

Makeup Tutorial: Muted Purple Look

Today, I'll be sharing with you one of my favorite makeup look that I like to do. It is really easy and simple. Everyone can achieve this look, you do not have to have the exact same products that I used. The colors are very dupable, so just make it to suit your own taste.

Eyes:

1.) Take MAC eyeshadow in "Sketch" with a MAC 224 fluffly blending brush and just dust it into the crease. Having this really fluffy brush gives it a really nice application and it blends it right off the bat, rather than having to placing the color on and blending it out later.

2.) Than, take the same MAC 224 brush with NYX single eyeshadow in "Slate" and you are going to just put it right on top of "Sketch". It will kind of muted out the purple. You want most of the concentration on the crease, but it's okay if you kind of blend it down onto the lid. You just want most of the concentration onto the crease.

3.) Clean that 224 brush really well for your highlight color. Take that same 224 brush with NYX single eyeshadow in "Aloha", you're going to just place it on your brow bones and right in the inner corner for highlights.

4.) Now we are going to take any creamy black eyeliner, so I'm taking Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero and line my waterline with it. Next, you are going to just take a small pencil brush and just kind of blend/smudge out the creamy black pencil liner onto the lower lash line a bit. And just take the same black eyeliner and line your upper waterline aka tideline.

5.) Than, with a Sonia Kashuk Small Angled Liner Brush take any black gel liner that you have and make a slight wing with it on your upper lash line. I am using the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in 950 Blackest Black.

6.) The last step for the eyes are to just curl your lashes and apply 1-2 coats of your favorite mascara. Mine at the moment is the Josie Maran GOGO Instant Natural Volume Argan Mascara in Black. I think that I got this mascara back maybe around October in my Sephora Lash Stash Set. It came with a bunch of other bestselling high end mascaras for Sephora in 2011.

Cheeks:

1.) First, off for cheeks I'm going to take an angle blush brush with my favorite bronzer of the moment which is the Lancome Star Bronzer Natural Matte Long Lasting Brozing Powder in Sunbath. And I am going to only apply in the hallows of cheeks to accentuate the look of me having a high cheekbone.

2.) The last step is to take a blush brush with any plumy rose blush color. I am taking the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hours Blush in Blushing Bride and apply that on the back of your cheek bone, for a nice settle plumy rose cheek color.

Lips:

1.) Moisturize your lips with a lip balm. I would recommend the Jack Black ones, but today I am using my EOS Lip Balm in Passion Fruit.

2.) Now I am taking a Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake and apply that nicely onto my lips.

3.) The last and final steps for the lips and makeup look is to apply a lipgloss. The one I will be using is the Calvin Klein Delicious Light Glistening Lipgloss in Ultimatum.

Hope you all enjoy the makeup look!

No comments:

Post a Comment