Friday, December 2, 2011

TAG: My Makeup Story

Hey, everyone! Today I'll be doing a tag and it is the "my makeup story tag". I am not sure who created it, but I saw that it is a pretty popular tag on YouTube and I haven't done it yet so I thought why not do it today? It seems like a fun little tag that ask me kind of how I started to be obsess with makeup. Lets get into it, shall we?


Questions:
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
I started wearing makeup since I was like 5 years old, but that was only for fun. I didn't wear it everyday. From time to time, me and my older sister Samantha would go into my mom or my aunt makeup collection and just dig through it and just slather everything onto our face. I remember a time when I literally put like black eyeshadow all over my eyes with red lipstick messily all over my lips and to be honest when I look back at it, it was pretty funny and embarassing. But the age that I ACTUALLY started wearing makeup almost regularly would have to be when I was in eight grade or 13 years old. But all I really wore was some lip gloss and somtime mascara and concealer and a bit of powder.

2. How did you get into makeup?
For having a mom that is a cosmetologist, it was pretty easy for me to get into makeup. I always grow up around makeup, I mean my mom was totally into makeup as much as I am. She always have drawers of makeup, but I remember that she has a lot of Lancome products. I mean she literally have every Lancome products they had at the time. It was actually pretty amazing. So I mostly grow up around Lancome makeup. Lancome was my mom favorite makeup brand, so she would sometime take me and my older sisters to a Lancome counter and buy us makeup sets. And I thought that I was the coolest girl ever getting to wear Lancome makeup.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?
NARS would have to definitely be my favorite makeup brand, but growing up with a ton of Lancome products I would say that Lancome is also one of my all time favorite makeup brands. My other favorite makeup brands are L'Oreal, Revlon, MAC, OCC, Neutrogena, ELF, Giorgio Armani and Chanel.

4. What does makeup mean to you?
Makeup to means a whole lot. I really enjoy makeup. I enjoy putting makeup on myself, on others, talking about it and just looking at it makes me happy. So I would say that makeup to me means happiness and getting to be myself.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
Sunscreen, BB Cream, Powder, SPF Lip Balm and Mascara if the sunscreen or lip balm doesn't count.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
My favorite thing about makeup would have to be using it. I love just playing with it and see what I can do with it, you know. I love everything about makeup just to get it out of the way.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
I LOVE both drugstore makeup and high end makeup equally, so I can't really choose. I mean there are ton of great drugstore makeup brands out there and there are also a bunch of great high end makeup brands out there. So I can't just choose one.

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Start off small, don't overdo anything. For me, I would say to go less than more. Because if you start off by wearing a little makeup, than if you make a little makeup mistake it won't seem so obvious and ugly. But if you start off by wearing a ton of makeup you can do little mistake, but it will be a lot more obvious if you don't. Since, you highlight and put so much on your face. So don't overdo your mascaras, eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers, highlighters, foundations, powders, concealers, lipsticks and lip glosses. Because if you overdo makeup and don't start off small it does not look flattering at all.

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
I never don't really understood any makeup trend, because like I've said before I grow up having a mom that is addicted to makeup. My mom is a professional at makeup, so she has always told me why people does a makeup trend. But one makeup trend that she told me to never do is shaving off your eyebrows and just fills them in. She and probably 90% of everyone thinks that it just look fake and ugly. It just look unnatural and you have no idea how many girls I've saw just have little to no eyebrows and just started to fill them in with eyebrow pencils.

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?
Being a makeup geek and a beauty blogger I think that the beauty community on YouTube is great. I love how it is really big now and why everyone should love makeup. I mean you don't have to, but makeup is really fun. You get to play with yourself and the person you love with what you love. It also just shows your true self, a person that loves makeup.

Hope you guys enjoyed the tag and hopefully you'll do it too! I tag everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment