Thursday, November 24, 2011

My 2011 Thanksgiving Makeup Look + Hairstyles suggestions

I know that this blog post is going up a bit late, but if you've follow me on twitter than you would know why. Anyway, so when I think of Thanksgiving makeup I think of gold, oranges and warm browns eyeshadows and either a bold lip or a light nude lip. And just really nice light cheeks and the eyeshadows I use in this tutorial are really dupable and you can easily find them and some are really inexpensive. So this is what I will be wearing later on today and I also have some hairstyles suggestions. I also use a wide range of brands, so just check it out if you are curious.

Eyes:
1.) Start off by priming your eyes and just basically where we will be putting shadows, which are your lids, lower lash line and inner corner. The eye primer I will be using is Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed, but any will work or you can use a concealer or liquid foundation.

2.) Now just take Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad in Not Just Nudes and take the third darkest color or the third color to the right and apply a very light coat of that just on your lids.

3.) Than, take a fluffy shadow brush with Maybelline single eyeshadow in Champagne Fizz and just apply it all over your lids. It is just a shimmery champagne color.

4.) Than take NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow pencil in Milk and apply that into your inner corner and just a bit right underneath your brow bone. Than on top of that just take a small highlighting brush with MAC eyeshadow in Blanc Type and just apply it over the Milk jumbo shadow pencil.

5.) And now take the same fluffy shadow brush we used for Champagne Fizz on the same side take MAC eyeshadow in Ricepaper and just apply that over the Champagne Fizz.

6.) You can also just stop right here and continue on with the rest of your makeup and it will still look great, but for me I just like to go beyond. So I'm going to take a crease brush with NARS Single eyeshadow in Cairo and apply that into your crease, stopping about 1/3 of the way in. Cairo is just a champagney plumish brown color and it is definitely one of my favorite eyeshadow of all time.

7.) Now take a small pencil brush with Urban Decay eyeshadow in Darkhorse and place that into your outer corner and lightly onto the lower lashline. And I would stop about 1/3 of the way in.

8.) Than just take a fluffy blending brush and blend out everything.

9.) For Thanksgiving I just love looking fresh and light, so I'm just going to apply MAC Fascinating Eye Kohl to my lower waterline.

10.) Finally, for the last step for the eye makeup curl your lashes and apply a coat of your favorite mascara or mascaras. Mine currently and my all time favorite mascara is the FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara.

Cheeks:
1.) The first step I recommend doing to warm up your complexion. So you any bronzer that works for you and just apply that in the 3E motions with a big powder brush. My favorite is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer and the NYC Sunny Bronzing Face Powder. We are not going to really contour, but we are going to warm up our complexion.

2.) The second step for the cheeks is to take any blush brush and take MAC Blush in "Dame" and apply that to the back of your apply and up to your temple.

3.) Now the last step for the cheeks is to go back in with your Maybelline single eyeshadow in Champagne Fizz and take a bit of it on your ring finger and apply that to the top of both of your cheekbones.

Lips:
1.) Now for the fun part it is the lips and for Thanksgiving I love having either bold lips or more tone down lips, but first take a lip balm and apply it to your lips. I am taking EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet, because we can't forget about that. I am like obsess with it right now, I literally apply it everyday since I got in early November.

2.) So now if you want to achieve a bold lip, I recommend applying Burberry Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in Bright Plum. You can definitely build this color up to tone it down a bit, but I am a makeup girl so I definitely go bold with this lipstick. I would suggest going for a red lipstick, because I feel that that is more Christmasy. But if you want to go red, I would say to rock it!

3.) For the more tone down lips, take MAC Boldly Bare lip liner and apply in onto your lips. On top of that, take MAC lipstick in Jubilee and apply that over the Boldly Bare lip liner. I love Jubilee, because it is a nude color but it still give you some color and it doesn't make you look dead. It also make your lips kind of glossy, when you don't have any gloss on.

And that is what I will be wearing for my Thanksgiving party/feast/dinner later on today. I think I will be going for the bold lip this year, because last year I went for the more tone down one.

Hairstyles:

For hair, I recommend to go with something more fancy and elegant. So I recommend curling it and putting it in a side bun or just curl your hair overall, or something like that. You can definitely search for some Thanksgiving hair tutorial or just fancy and elegant hairstyles overall. So I'll be listing a few of my favorite hairstyles that I've came across on YouTube and these are in no particular order.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UdJUpz3OdA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd2n5ca9oa0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7NFwlq-IEA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8j5wQEck20

And yes, my favorite hair tutorial gurus on Youtube would have to be carahamelie03 by far. She is a professional hair dresser, so I've took a lot of her advices and tips and techniques a lot. She have great hairstyles, amazing tutorials and great taste in fashion. So I'd recommend checking her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment