Thursday, November 24, 2011

TAG: 40 Beauty Questions

So, a while ago I was just watching "carahamelie03"(from youtube) takes on the 40 beauty questions tag. And I would have to say that I 99% agree with what she says. So if my answers are a bit similar to hers, that's why. But she just made me want to do get this tag up as soon as possible. So basically, there are two sections to it the first part is the skincare questions and the second part is the makeup questions. I'm going to stop rambling and just get onto the questions.

SKINCARE:
-How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face 2 times daily. I don't wash less or really more than this. Although, I have oily skin if I wash it more than 2 times a day it would become dry and I cannot stand dry skin. I rather have oily skin, so I'm happy with oily skin. But if I only wash my face 1 time a day, I feel nasty.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have combination skin of oily combination. So I get really oily in my t-zone and not too oily or dry on my cheeks and the rest of my face.

-What is your current facial wash?
If you've read my latest blog post about my evening skincare routine, than you'll know that I am currently using the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Once-Step Facial Cleanser. I love that cleanser, but I do change my skincare routine every 2-3 months. So in January or December I'll probably be using another cleanser. And I have not gotten up my morning version of it, so I'll try to get it up as soon as I can.

-Do you exfoliate?
I do exfoliate my skin, but I don't use an exfoliator. So if you've read my evening skincare routine, you'll know why.

-What brand do you use?
What I use instead of a scrub or beads to exfoliate my skin is that I use the Clarisonic Mia. And I use it everyday along with the Philosophy cleanser.

-What moisturizer do you use?
Well, I use two different moisturizers. I use a different one for the morning and a different one for the night. But for the evening/night I use the Clinique Acne Solution Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free. But I use another serum before this so check out my evening skincare routine blog post if you haven't to read more about my skincare routine. For the morning, I want something with SPF so I use the Clean & Clear Finished Pore Perfecting Moisturizer Oil-Free SPF 15. It is only $7.49 at the drugstore so a lot cheaper than my nigh moisturizer and it works great.

-Do you have freckles?
No, I do not have freckles and this was kind of a weird random question.

-Do you use eye cream?
Yes, I do use an eye cream and I'm pretty sure you all know about it, since I talk about it in almost every single of my blog posts. I use the Clinique All About Eyes Rich (tout pur les yeux riche) morning and night.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
Yes, I do have and had have acne prone skin. But my skin has improved tremendously over the last year because of my skincare routines. So now I don't have acne, but my skin is still prone to it if I cam careless about my skin.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
I have had used Pro-activ during my first 3 high school years. And it was amazing, it had done great things to my skin. It really did improve my skin a lot.

MAKE-UP:
-What foundation do you use?
I use a liquid foundation, but I use all type of foundations. I actually have even used BB Cream and tinted moisturizers, I have a ton in my makeup collection. But the foundation I have been using and loving this month is the Clarins Extra-Firming Foundation SPF 15 in the shade 104 Cream. I have never really heard of anyone talk about it before, but it is an amazing foundation. You can read more about in my winter face makeup routine blog post.

-How about concealer?
Currently, I am using 2 concealers one for my eyes and one for my face. For my eyes, I use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller. I love this product, I have been using it since August of this year and I love it. For my face, I use the NARS Stick Concealer in Vanilla. I've had this concealer for quite sometime now, but I just rediscovered it this month and I love it so so much.

-Do you know your undertone color?
Yes, my undertone is definitely both warm and cool undertone. I can really use a warm undertone foundation and it will still work for me and even if I use a cool undertone foundaiton it will still match my skin. So my skin is in the between, I look in both cool and warm colors.

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I think that they are amazing and fun, but sadly I don't wear them everyday. I love them and how they look, but I really only wear them if I am going out or on special occasions. Other than that I don't wear them on a regular basis.

-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes, I do know that. Which was like last year, because before that I always thought that you were suppose to change your mascara every 6 months. I never thought that it was 3 months that you were suppose to change it, until I took a little makeup class during spring time last year.

-What brand of mascara do you use?
I use all brand of mascaras ranging from Covergirl to Lancome, but my current and all time favorite mascara is the FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara. It is a Japanese mascara, but you can find it here as well not only in Asia.

-Sephora or MAC?
This was a really hard question, but I would have to agree with carahamelie03. I can't really choose, since there are definite products that MAC has and is fantastic, but MAC also has products that doesn't really stand out. And same thing goes with Sephora brands. All of the brands definitely has downfalls and definitely have products that stand out.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I do not have a MAC Pro-card which is weird since I love makeup from the bottom of my heart. But my mom does since she is a cosmetologist.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
I obviously uses brushes, eyelash curls and sometime sponges.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I do. I actually have a ton of makeup base/primers for my eyes. My favorite would have to be the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and the NARS eyeshadow primer.

-For the face?
For the face, I love the MAC ones and Smashbox Photofinish Light Foundation Primer. But currently, I am using the Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer Original and it works just as well.

-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
This one is a really hard one, if you have read any of my old blog posts; than you'll know that my all time favorite MAC eyeshadow is Sushi Flower. But my favorite makeup brand is NARS, which kind of make the NARS eyeshadow my favorite. But I guess my favorite eyeshadow is the NARS Shimmery Single Eyeshadow in California. I love how you can wear this color all year round and it would still fit in the trends.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use both pencil and liquid eyeliners. But I would say that I use pencil just a tad bit more.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I am really good and careful at apply my eyeliners with a pencil liner, so I rarely poke my eyes. So I would say that I would poke myself at least 2 times a year.

-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I think that pigment shadows are really unique and fun.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I don't really use mineral makeup, but I do from time to time. I know that Bare Minerals is a really well known mineral makeup company along with a few Maybelline mineral products.

-What is your favorite lipstick?
I don't really have a favorite lipstick since I like to change out my lip color everyday. And if you follow me on twitter than you would know this already. I just love experiencing different colors and products on my lips. But my favorite lipstick would have to be NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Transeurope Express. It is a deep pink rose color, so very unique. And it is one of those color that I can wear all year round.

-How about lipgloss?
Definitely hands down NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in Coeur Sucre. It is aa shimmery bright pink color. I love the quality and pigmentation of these lipglosses. I love shimmery glosses because I feel like they make my lips so much bigger and a bright color just brighten up my face.

-What is your favorite blush to use?
My current favorite blush is the Wet N Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine. But my all time favorite is the NARS Cream Blush in Penny Lane.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No I do not buy my makeup on ebay, but I would say that I have had in the past and I had no problems with it. They were all real and not a scam. But I was really careful at the time. But I usually go to trustful site or stores to buy my makeup.

-Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes, I love drugstores makeup. But I would say that I love department higher end makeup a bit more.

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
Absolutely, I think I've gone to the CCO probably 5-7 times so far.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, I have consider and still does. And I have took a few makeup classes in the past.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I wouldn't say that I am clumsy. I am really careful and good at putting on makeup, if I do say so.

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Okay, so I actually have two makeup crimes that I TOTALLY hate. But my number hate makeup crime are when people put blushes RIGHT on their apples. I mean that is just freaking ugly, give your face no dimension and make you look like a clown especially if you wear a bright color and when they don't blend it out. I remember when I was in high school their is always this girl that sits behind me in math class and she just have a bright pink blush just on the apple of her cheeks without any blending. And my next one are when people don't prime their lower lash lines. I see tons of makeup gurus on YouTube just priming their upper lids and inner corner, but not their lower lash lines. And they than put shadows and liners on their lower lash lines and how are they going to expect their shadows and liners to last all day long? It just bothers me when people does this.

-Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love colorful shades of makeup more, but on a regular basis I wear neutral ones on my eyes. And as on my lips I go both colorful, dark, bold and nudes.

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
I don't really pay attention to celebrities makeup, but I always notice that Girls' Generation always have great makeup on. Their makeup are always really natural and make them pop and brighten up so much.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
I definitely say concealer, because my number one priority for makeup is to first have great skin. Than you can worry on about your eyes, cheeks and lips.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Of course, maybe 2-3 days out of a week I just go outside usually just having a lip balm and moisturizer.

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I don't think that I look wow great, but I don't think that I look absolutely horrible either. So I am not sure about how I should answer this one, but I would say that I prefer myself with makeup on. I mean who doesn't, right?

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Definitely, NARS duh? As I've said before, I'll say it again NARS is my all time favorite makeup brand. About 99% of the time their products never bbrings me down.

-What do you think of Makeup??
I think that makeup is fun and awesome. I love it. I love to experience with it.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment