Friday, November 11, 2011

Update on my Life + Urban Decay Naked Palette Review, Thoughts + Fav Combos

Hey, everyone so it has been quite sometimes now since my last blog post, but if you follow me on twitter you would know why. I barely have any time at all to tweet, btw if you didn't know already my twitter is http://twitter.com/sushiflower21 My life has been so hectic since late October. With projects, homeworks, tests, work and getting for the holiday I have no time in my life right now. So if you want to know more about what is going on in my life right now, don't forget to check out my twitter and hopefully follow it?

Anyway, this blog post is not just about that it is about the Urban Decay Naked Palette that I received last month. I have been loving it nonstop lately. I use it almost every single day now. And I totally think that it is worth the $48 investment. I do have to clarify that I did not bought this palette with my own money. I actually received it for free by a Youtube guru, I won one of her giveaway. So just to get that out of the way. I didn't received it for a review or anything like that. It was all her subscribers. Now I am going to review and share my thoughts and a few of my favorite eyeshadows combinations.

First of all, every single products that comes with it including the shadows, brush and primer are all absolutely fantastic. I would totally rate this palette a 4.5 out of 5. There is really no cons to it, beside that the eyeshadows have a lot of fall outs. And that there are not enough matte colors, but that's okay. I love my shimmery eyeshadows. I think that this palette suits best for a beginner or if you love neutral eyeshadows. Because I think that if you are not a beginner and already have your own eyeshadows you use. This palette might not be the best for you, since the colors are easily dupeable. But it would just be a great kit and good for traveling. And if you love shimmery eyeshadows, this would be the palette for you. Except there are only 2-3 matte shades.

As for my thoughts, on the product I think that it is a great palette if you love makeup like I do. The Urban Decay Primer Potion(regular) works great. It blends in really nicely. For the flat shader brush it comes with, that brush is also really high quality. It has not shed once since I use it, which is like every single since early November. This definitely have to be one of my favorite makeup product this month. I just love everything about the palette. Also, the packaging is very unique and cute. It is a velvet material for the packaging. The eyeshadows smells pretty weird, but you can't smell it once you have it on. Now keep in mind that the palette will get really messy, because of the fall out and stuff. But I feel like that that happens to every palette, it will eventually get dirty.

A few of my favorites combinations are...
1.) Gunmetal on the lid and lower lash line, Buck in the crease
2.) Sin and Sidecar on the lid, Buck in the crease, Darkhorse in the outer corner and lower lash line
3.) Half Baked on the lid and inner one third of the lower lash line and Smog in the crease

There are endless combinations with this palette, but these are just one of my favorites. It comes with 12 great eyeshadows. So it is like $4 per eyeshadow, not even including that it comes with a really nice brush and the famous Primer Potion. I think that the palette will last you about 6-8 months and probably a few months till you hit pan. The eyeshadows that it comes with from left to right are...

1.) Virgin
2.) Sin
3.) Naked
4.) Sidecar
5.) Buck
6.) Half Baked
7.) Smog
8.) Darkhorse
9.) Toasted
10.) Hustle
11.) Creep
12.) Gunmetal

No comments:

Post a Comment