Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Winter Face Makeup Routine


Winter is finally here for everyone, so I've been changing my makeup routine from fall to winter. The weather are a lot cooler now and where I live it has just been raining non stop. So my makeup routine is suits for cool rainy weather. I might change my makeup routine for December and January, but as of November I've been doing what I've done a lot. This isn't what I wear everyday, but this is what I wear most of the time I wear makeup. I am also been starting to love foundations, my BB Cream phase is starting to fade away. I though still love my BB Creams, but I know that the BB Creams I use are not accessible to everyone. So I will be featuring my favorite foundation of the moment.

1.) I first start off my face makeup by moisturizing. The moisturizer I use and really like is the Clean & Clear finishes pore perfecting oil-free spf 15 moisturizer. I absolutely love this moisturizer. It really minimize my pores, make my skin smooth and oil free for my face makeup.
2.) Next, I prime my skin and I use the Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer Original. I use the original one and I really like it. I know that they have come out with a few different one. I got a sample of it like a long time ago from Sephora and I just gotten around to using it and just to tell you it works wonders for my skin. It is not oily at all and it blends in like heaven and it makes my skin really really soft. So I just apply this all over my face. And you can find this at either Ulta or Macy's, since I know that Sephora stop carrying Laura Geller products.
3.) Next up it is the foundation process. The foundation I use is the Clarins Extra-Firming Foundation SPF 15 in 104 Cream. I have a lot of other foundations, but at this moment I have been absolutely loving this Clarins one. This is a full coverage foundation, so if you do not want a full coverage foundation I wouldn't suggest this. I first just pump out 1 full pump of it and then I just dab it on my cheeks, chin, forehead and nose. Then, I go in into blending it into my skin with the Sigma F80, which is a flat top synthetic kabuki brush. And you can find Clarins at a Clarins spa and you can order sigma online.
4.) After, that I go to do my under eye circles and yes before I do my makeup I apply an eye cream and you can check my old blog posts if you are wondering which one I use. But for my under eye concealer I use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller. So I just roll that under my eyes and I set it with the Bare Minerals Well-Rested for Eyes with a MAC 224 brush.
5.) For my face concealer, I have been using my lost long time favorite concealer and it is the NARS Stick Concealer in Vanilla. It works great for covering up blemishes and scarring, not so much as an under eye concealer. It will crease if you do use it under your eyes.
6.) As a setting powder I just go in with any kabuki brush with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus. My favorite kabuki brushes are from Crown Brushes, Sigma, Elizabeth Arden and Confidential Brushes. But just any face brush will work with this setting powder.
7.) For blush, this month I have been using the Wet N Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine every time I wear makeup. I like to apply this an angle contour brush, but this month I've been loving my Sephora Professional Platinum Powder Brush in #50. The brush is really soft and it apply the Mellow Wine brush perfectly with the perfect amount, since the blush is really pigmented.
8.) The last step for my face is to set it and I don't really contour that much this month, I've have just been enjoying my pale face for the winter. I think that pale skin are just in for winter. But I lastly set it either with my Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Setting Spray or my Model In A Bottle Original Formula Makeup Setting Spray Matte Finish. It makes my makeup last all day long and keep my face 80% shine free for the whole day.

And if you want to see how I do my eyebrows, I also have a blog post up on that. I have not changed anything since that blog post for my eyebrows. And for my eyes and lips I change what I do almost every single day. But for eyeshadows I have been using all the eyeshadows in the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It's a new favorite for me.

Pic is from here http://glamhouserock.com/files/2011/01/Flawless-skin-model-201001.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment