Sunday, November 27, 2011

Wearable Festive Christmas Makeup

Today I decided to do a wearable makeup look that you can wear on Christmas or just around the holiday, but of course you can wear this all year round. But I lean this more toward Christmas since Xmas is just right around the corner and the statement colors are green and red. This is actually something that I actually would wear on Christmas, since I am a makeup girl. In this blog post I'll be using both drugstore and high end products. And you do not have to use the exact same products I use, the products are really dupable.

Before Step 1: What I would recommend you doing VERY FIRST is to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized with a lip balm, chapstick or vaseline. This is so that by the time we are done with the eyes and cheeks the moisture will already be in your lips, so the lip colors we will be putting on first will have a nice moisturize base not a slippery base.

Eyes:
1.) Start off by priming your lids, inner corner and lower lashline with your favorite eyeshadow primer or a concealer, I am using the ELF Eyelid Primer.

2.) Then, you are going to take "Tibet" Shimmer Eyeshadow by NARS or just any shimmery white eyeshadow with a fluffy blending brush and you are going to apply that all over your lids into the crease and up onto the brow bone.

3.) With the same fluffy blending brush you are going to take "Mink" single eyshadow by Covergirl or just any shimmery champagney light brown color. And you are going to apply that into your crease really really messy and just kind of blend it down toward your lashline and you want to bring it fairly high as well. This will just act as a nice transitional crease color, it is not at all a loud color by any mean.

4.) After that, take a smaller blending crease brush maybe not too fluffy and you want to take any golden brown color "Tempting" by MAC will be really great. But I am taking Inglot eyeshadow in the number "406" and just apply that into your crease and bring it about half way into the crease and the outer corner. We don't want it too be too dark for the shadows, because we are going for more the settle elegant eye look.

5.) Then, take any green eyeshadow I am using "Palm" from the Stila Fabulous In Fiji Travel Palette and wet it on an angle eyeshadow brush. Just apply it to your upper lash line. This is going to act as a base for the green liner we are going to apply afterward.

6.) Now take any glittery green liquid liner I am using the NYX Glitter Liner in "Jade" it is just a really nice glittery green liner. For NYX if you want to try their glittery liners find the ones with the tossle, the other kind that they have without the tossle is crap in my opinion. So what you want to do with the glittery liner is to make a really long thick wing liner than you want to wait to be completely dry than go over it again, because we want it to be the main focus of the eyes. So we want it to be really vibrate.

7.) Now for the liners, you want to line about 1/3 of the way in on your lower waterline with your favorite eye liner. I am using Sephora Smoky Kohl Eyeliner in "Black".Than, you want to do the rest of your inner lower waterline with a green liner and I am using the Styli-Style Eye-Line & Seal Eyeliners in Green Scene 132. You can find Styli-Style at Walgreens.

8.) Than, with a small brush I am using a really small concealer brush take a matte black eyeshadow I recommend using the Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow in "Bulletproof". It is literally one of the best matte black eyeshadow ever, so I'll be using that. So just take it  and smudge out the black liner on your lower waterline.

9.) Lastly, for the eyeshadow take a irrediscent gold eyeshadow color and I am using the yellowish gold one from the Naked Cosmetics Ivory Collection which is "IV-04". So just highlight that in your inner corner and on your brow bones just to slightly highlight it.

10.) The last final steps are and you know the drill curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara.

Cheeks:
1.) Make sure you have a really nice warm glow to your face, so I am going to just bronze my face and give it a bit of glow with the NARS Bronzer "Laguna". I wouldn't recommend going with a matte bronzer, since we want a nice warm GLOW not a contour. But it is all up to you, this is just what I do and what I recommend people to do.

2.) The last step for you cheek is to apply NARS Multiple in "South Beach" which is a shimmery apricot so it give you both the cheek color and the highlight on your cheeks.

Lips:
1.) For the holidays, I like to go bold on my lips but I still want to look fancy and elegant so I am going to apply the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Dragon Girl" which is a siren red on my lips or just any red lip pencil will do it justice.

2.) Than, you want to apply a red lipstick on top I am using the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in "645 Red Revival" since it goes with the siren red theme.

And that is all to the look, it is super gorgeous, elegant, wearable and fancy. I don't think that it is at all over top for Christmas or just any holidays you celebrate. If you do do this look feel free to send me a picture of you to my twitter which is http://www.twitter.com/sushiflower21 . That is all I have to say and I'll talk to you later in my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment