Sunday, December 23, 2012

❄ The Christmas Tag! ❄

I'm not really sure if I've done a Christmas tag already, but I saw a few of the gurus I subscribed to on YouTube are doing a lot of holiday tags like this so I decided to hop along as well. I just gather questions from a few of the holiday and christmas tags and just put it all together into one tag that I call the "Christmas tag." Now all I really have to say is to enjoy in getting to know me better.





1. Favorite Christmas Movie?

My favorite Christmas movie is 'Noel'. It's a really short Christmas movie about a red Christmas tree ornament. You can watch it on YouTube. Since it's such a short movie me and my family would watch this two days before Christmas when having dinner, so that is a day before Christmas eve. And we would watch a longer movie on Christmas eve and Christmas day like 'how the grinch stole christmas' and 'ELF.'

2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?

I think that I'm on the nice list, because I definitely have done more work like giving back to the community this year than any other years in the past.


3. Have you ever had a White Christmas?

I have had a few White Christmas in the past, because I've visited my grandparents for Christmas and they live where it snows. Other than that, I don't really have any other White Christmas because I live in Southern California. And I usually always spend my Christmas with my parents, friends, and siblings here and it never snows here for all of my Christmas years.


4. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

I usually spend my holiday in my house here in California with my parents. I sometime do visit my grandparents' houses for Christmas with my parents and siblings. My grandparents from my mom side lives in South Korea and my grandparents from my dad side lives up in Washington state. So I either spend my Christmas in California, South Korea, or Washington.


5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, my parents does not allow me or any one in the family to open their presents on Christmas Eve. We open all of our presents Christmas's morning. It's like an 'illegal' thing for us to do on the holidays.

6. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?

My favorite family holiday tradition is playing cards the night before Christmas eve. So instead of Christmas Eve or Christmas day, we do it the night before Christmas eve. After we all done eating our dinner, taking a shower, and things like that; we would go to living room turn off all the lights, put on a funny Christmas movie, burn candles, lit up the fireplace, and dress in our Pjs playing cards till we all fall asleep and my mom would have to wake all of us up to go to our bedroom. I really like this, because it's like a little family outing inside the house on the holidays where it is warm and cozy. We all usually is really busy with our own work, so it's a nice time for all of us to get down to relax and have a nice time together.


7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? 

We always have real a Christmas tree that we picked out from the Christmas tree farm every Christmas. I don't know of any Christmas that we didn't have a real Christmas tree. My parents thinks that it's only a real Christmas if we have the real tree with the Christmas tree scent that fills up our entire house.


8. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat? 

My all-time favorite holiday sweet treat are Chocolate Mint Fudge Brownies. Every family have their own recipe to their perfect brownies for the holidays, and I definitely loves mine. My mom makes the best chocolate mint fudge brownies, and she would start baking them during Thanksgiving till Christmas is over. She doesn't bake them every though for the holiday seasons, she would switch out with the Christmas foods and treats she makes every few days. And she only makes them during the holiday seasons, so that makes it my favorite holiday treat.


9. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? Well, I travels a lot during the holiday season or just year round overall. But we never travel on actual Christmas Eve or Christmas day. So I would like to change this question a bit instead of the holiday season to Christmas day, because the holiday season covers the entire month of December and the end of November. For Christmas day, I would want to spent my time with my family in Paris, France. I just think it would be a beautiful scenery exploring Paris on Christmas with my family.


10. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make? 

A special holiday recipe that I like to help my mom make are Christmas cookies, because my mom is usually the person that does all the baking and cooking. My mom would only make Christmas cookies on Christmas morning as a morning snack, so I would wake up really early in the morning with my mom to help her bake those cookies. We would make them in the shape of a star, gingerbread men, Christmas tree, and etc. She makes a lot of different flavors, but my favorite one of course is peppermint.


11. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?

 I think that I've mentioned this before in my older posts, but I am a really good present wrapper. I help most of my friends with their presents wrapping, and they would compliments a lot about my wrapping skills.


12. What made you realize the truth about Santa? 

There was never any exact reason why I stopped believing in Santa. It just kind of grew into me about what is fake about Santa, like how could reindeer fly, it's just impossible. Those little reasons with all of my classmates around me saying that Santa wasn't real I grew up realizing the truth about Santa. 


13. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? 

Yes, I do make New Years Resolutions and sometime I stick to them and sometime I don't. So there is no exact answer from me for this question.


14. What makes the Holidays special for you?

 Definitely my family, the food, and the warmness of my house during the cold weather combine together making the holidays a very special period of time for me. 


15. Candy Canes or Gingerbread Men?
 If you were to ask me this question last year, I would've said candy canes because of the peppermint flavor. Now, my answer is hands down gingerbread men. I just like the softness and warmness of it after my mom finish baking it and taking it out of the oven. And when I bite into it, it all just melt into my mouth, filling it with the warmness of the cinnamon.

16. Do you like to stay in your PJ's, or dress up for Christmas? 
Since it's the colder months I don't like changing into dress up clothes for Christmas, but my family always dress up for Christmas even when we just lying around the house. It's just a sign of respect to the holiday for my family I guess. And I don't mind dressing up, because I do like dressing up and doing my hair and makeup for the holidays. So I don't like changing because it's cold, but I don't mind it because I like how I look a lot better when i am all done up.

17. Have you ever built a Gingerbread house?
 I've tried in the past building a Gingerbread house with my friends and sisters, but we never succeeded. So I'd say that I've attempted to built a Gingerbread house, but it never came to good results.

18. What do you like to do on your Christmas break?
This is probably a silly answer, but I like to sleep on Christmas break. When I am not on break I never really have enough time to relax, because of work and school. So since Christmas break means a break for me from work and school, I like to make it my time by sleeping as much as possible.

19. Have you ever made a Snowman?
Yeah, of course I've made a few Snowman before when I visited my grandparents where it snowed. But I am not good at building things, so I don't dare to say that I've made all of the snowman I've made all by myself. It's always with the help from my older siblings and parents.

20. White lights, or colored lights?
I like colored lights more than white lights, because it expresses the youthfulness of me, my personality, and the happiness of Christmas. But White lights is way more professional, classy, and elegant, but my family always have colored lights decorations.

21. Which do you like better, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I think that my answer is like most people, and I would say that I prefer Christmas Eve better. Although I open up my presents on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve is more joyful. Christmas day is like the everything is over day, so that expresses a bit of sadness unlike Christmas Eve.

Yep, I guess this is it for this Christmassy tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment