Friday, August 12, 2011

How I Help Heal my Eczema?

If you don't know what eczema is it is a type of skin inflammation of the human epidermis. Eczema can occur anywhere from your face, palm, hands, arms and many more body parts. And to anyone of any age groups, although it mostly occurs to babies and children. I have a eczema on my right palm since I was a little girl, maybe about 8 or 9 years old. It keeps getting worse until my mom take me to a dermatologist a few years back. Before I was being prescribe any type of medication, lotions or creams my mom would always told me to use Vaseline all over the eczema to help it moisturize and told me to stay away from dish soaps. I did all of that it did help the eczema, but it did not help it go away completely until I met two amazing products. So I will be sharing with you guys what I use to help heal and get rid of my eczema hand. Now it doesn't make it disappear completely, it will occasionally come back especially during the colder months. My palm would be really dry, itches and gets really red until I use the lotion or the cream that was prescribe by my dermatologist. So I would recommend any of you that have eczema to go to a dermatologist to get help. Because these products might works for me, but it might not work for you so your dermatologist knows best. Oh, and also I almost forgot my little sister also have eczema in the crutch of her arm and behind her knees. But my mom brought her to her doctor and the doctor prescribe her a different type of medication. I don't know what it is, but I think it was some type of ointment and it seems to help her eczema really well. Anyway, I use two type of products to help get rid of my right palm eczema. But I don't use the two of these at the same time, I switch them out depend on what time of the day it is

Products I Use for my Eczema:
1.) Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream- This was around $11-12 so not that expensive, but not that cheap either. You can order this off of http://www.drugstore.com or get it at CVS/Pharmacy where I got mine. I usually use this cream during the day time or when I have to do things, because it is not greasy at all unlike the next product I will be sharing with you guys. This is also really great if you have sensitive skin.
2.) CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion- You can get this CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion at http://www.drugstore.com 
for $12.99 but I of course got it at CVS/Pharmacy because I got it the same time as the Aveeno Cream. One thing I hate about this though is that it is really greasy, but it works great so I wouldn't mind. But I would say to use it during bedtime, when you are about to go to sleep since you won't be doing anything.

So if you have eczema I would say to use the Aveeno during day time, but of course you can still use it at night. But to use the CeraVe during the night and not so much during the day time, since it is greasy. Out of the two of this I like them both the same, they both work really well. Although, if I was to recommend one I would say to just pick up the Aveeno one it is cheaper and two it is not greasy as the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. Once again, I would still recommend to go to a dermatologist or your doctor because they knows best not me. This products works really great for me, but it might not be work so great for you even if it is for eczema and you have eczema if you know what I mean.

So other than that I'll talk to you guys later in my next blog and on twitter, but don't forget to follow my blog if you like my posts. I will be doing more and follow my twitter to help me get to 300 subscribers, so than I will be doing a pretty big everything giveaway from books to beauty products and many more. Peace Out for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment