Thursday, August 18, 2011

Makeup Starter Kit for Beginner

I know that many of you that are reading this might be a beginner to the makeup world. You don't have many experiences with makeup and you don't really know what this and that makeup products are. But don't worry I will be helping you guys today, because I will be recommending the basic makeup for you. Although, you do not have to get all of this makeup or things I recommend for me I think that it is a necessity for starting out with makeup, but it might not be for you. So you don't have to take all of my words.

Face:
1.) Smashbox Photofinish Light Face Primer: This is my favorite primer, because I can easily find it in stores. It act a base for my face makeup to go on smoother and it makes my foundation last a lot longer. A bonus to this is that it is suppose to be design for people that have dry or normal skin, but I myself have a combination oily skin and it works just as well for me. So I would say that this product work for almost any skin type. But you should go and try to find out what primer works best for you, things works differently for everyone.
2.) Covergirl Liquid Makeup Oil Control Foundation: This foundation is great and it covers so well. I would totally recommend this foundation if you have combination or oily skin. It really help control the oils. This product can be found at any drugstores like Walmart, Target, CVS etc. Foundation is the makeup product that I think everyone should invest their money on. I mean if you invest in a good foundation it will make you look flawless and nice. So go out to the stores and find what foundations work best for you, not what work best for others.
3.) Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer: I'd recommend picking up a concealer that works well for both your face and under eyes if you need more coverage. One of my favorite concealer that do this trick the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer. It's cheap and covers up everything completely, both under eyes and face imperfections.
4.) Setting Powder: Now this product is very optional, especially if you don't have combination or oily skin. But I do so I would say that this should be in my makeup kit if I was a starter. I really like the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus, since it does give me a bit of coverage and it sets my foundation really well. But a good drugstore setting powder that I also really like that works great for combination or oily skin is the Maybelline Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder. This powder though is not press and it doesn't give coverage unlike the MAC one so if you need a little bit more coverage I wouldn't recommend this. But if you don't and you want a press powder they also have the same powder but in a press form so you can go and check it out.
5.) Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush: A blush is one of those makeup product that you don't have to have a few of. You just have to find one that will look great with any makeup look. I would recommend a cream or mousse blush, because you don't need a brush to apply it like a powder blush would so it is great if you don't have many brushes perfect for a beginner and it last a really long time longer than a powder blush one. I really like the Maybelline Dream Mousse Blushes they're pretty cheap and the color that I think will go great with any makeup look is 25 Rose Petal. It is your typical light pink blush that will look great whether you do a natural look, smokey look or even bright colorful look.

Eyes:
1.) ELF Eyelid Primer: Since, this is a starter kit post I really want to try my best to recommend cheap drugstore product that works really well. The main tip to make your eyeshadow last all day is a primer. I really like the ELF Eyelid Primer because it is cheap and it works great.
2.) Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quad: The best kind of eye makeup for a beginner is a quad with placing names like the Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quads. It has four colors that goes really well together, so that you can create a nice eyeshadow look. This quad is also great because it tells you on the eyeshadow and the back where to place each color on your eye, perfect for beginner because you might not know where to place each color. I would recommend doing a neutral brown shadow look if you are a beginner, because it doesn't need much practice and is easier to do than bright or smokey color. The perfect quad that will do it is the one in Mocha Motion.
3.) Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner: When you are starting out with makeup the best type of eyeliner that I would recommend getting are pencil eyeliners. Because they are easiest to apply in my opinion out of all the eyeliners out there. It doesn't need much practice and you can use it on almost anywhere on your eye even if you have sensitive eyes, unlike a gel, liquid or cream liners. My all time favorite pencil eyeliner is the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Stingray it is just a pigmented last all day doesn't go anywhere eyeliner.
4.) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: Their the best eyelash curler ever. I have had them for 4 years now and I haven't bought a new eyelash curler since than. It works great. I would have say though that this is an investment for me, it's pretty expensive for a drugstore eyelash curler. You can get it at Target.
5.) Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara: I don't really know why I love waterproof mascaras so much. I guess it is that I think they have better quality than non waterproof one and I have a tendency to somehow have my mascara all over my face if I don't use a waterproof one. You don't need to spend $20 on a high end mascara, because I think that drugstores mascaras are so much better than high end one. I mean have you tried MAC mascaras? They cannot even be compared to Covergirl or Maybelline mascaras. Drugstores mascaras are the best in my opinion. My favorite drugstore mascara is of course the Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara and I got it in Very Black.

Eyebrows:
1.) Anastasia Beverly Hills: Anastasia Beverly Hills have the best eyebrows products and tools and I have ever tried. I'd recommend investing in a really good eyebrows kit if you are a beginner. Eyebrows kits usually tells you what to do to your brows like how to fill them in. But since I am kind of already experience with eyebrows and already have some tools that I already have before discovering Anastasia I only bought their Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe. But for tweezers, spoolies, brow gels I kind of already have those so I will do a whole another blog post on that.

Lips:
1.) Revlon Colorburst Lipstick: If you are starting out with makeup I would recommend checking out a nude lipstick or a light pink lipstick, but not ones that will make you kind of dead. My favorite nude lipstick ever is the Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude and my favorite pink lipstick in MAC Angel.
2.) NYX Megashine Lipglosses: If you don't want to wear lipstick. I would recommend any of the NYX Megashine Lipglosses. They are so pigmented, not sticky and is only like $3 at Ulta or Amuse. Or you can even pair lipstick and gloss together.

Brushes:
For brushes, if you are starting out I would recommend to just buy 2 brushes. One for your face that will do everything that you need for your face and one eye brushes that will do all the trick to apply shadows to you eyes. Brushes are also an investment, because if you have a really nice brush it will last you forever if you take good care of them.
1.) Sigma Large Angle Contour Brush F40: This brush does all the trick. It apply foundations, powders, blushes, bronzers and highlighters.
2.) MAC 217 Blending Brush: This brush is also a really versatile brush. You can read more about what it can do in my TOP 5 MAC Brushes post.

Basically, you can do your whole entire face with only these two brushes.

Others that I Recommend, but they're not necessary or for everyone:
1.) Urban Decay De-slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
2.) Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
3.) Lip Liners


No comments:

Post a Comment