Friday, August 26, 2011

My Current Hair Routine

I've been wanting to do this blog for 2 days now, but I never got around to doing it. I have just been really busy these past few days. As a WARNING! I will warn that this is going to to be a really long blog post, because I have a lot of steps and hair products. I of course don't use all of them at the same time, I will kind of switch it from day to day basis. This is my current hair care routine as of August 26, 2011. I think I have been using these products since July. If I do change my hair routine, which will be around October I will be doing an updated one. I like to change products I use every 2-3 months, because than it will be better for my hair. If I keep using the same products for forever my hair will get use to it and it will not work as well as it did.

Shampoo and Conditioner: I like to wash my hair every other day, meaning if I wash it today I will not wash it until the day after tomorrow. The current shampoo and conditioner I am currently using right now are both by Cibu. I use the Cibu Shang High Volumizing Shampoo and the Cibu Shang High Volumizing Conditioner. My hair is very flat it basically have no lift or volume at all and these shampoo and conditioner works great. One thing that are really great about them is that they are sulfate free, meaning that they won't lather and take too much oil out of your hair. It will do cleanse out the dirt and oil out of your hair like a regular shampoo that lathers really well, but it will not take out too much oil from your hair because than it is really bad for your hair. Your hair will become really dry if it did take out too much, so this Cibu Shang High take just enough. After, I shampoo and condition my hair after I get out of the shower I like to put roll my hair up in a towel and than wait for 20 minutes and I than comb it with a wide tooth comb.

Treatment: For treatment, I am currently using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovering Hair Mask. This is like a deep conditioner that I will use maybe one time every 1-2 week after I shampoo and condition my hair. I love this for the summer, because I go to the beach and the pool a lot so the salt from the beach and chlorine from the pool will dry out my hair. Since it is summer and this hair mask is really moisturizing I only use it on the hair below my ears and down. My hair type is oily, so if I use it all over my head I would have to wash it everyday.

Blow Drying: As for, blow drying I only blow drys my hair till it is about 70% dry, because I don't want to use too much heat on my hair. But before I blow dry my hair I put in 2 products. I first put in the CIBU Shang High Thickening Paste, because it will reduce the drying time so I don't have to use that much heat on my hair and it will also add more volume to my hair. I will just squirt out about a dime size amount and run it through my hair from roots to ends. Then, I use a heat protectant and I am currently using the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. When I blow dry I don't really like to blow dry it upside down, because I hear from averunks from YouTube that she got a purple eye from it. Because I think it make your blood run downs to your eyes, so I tried my best to blow dry it with my hair straight using the diffuser. The blow dryer I use is the Ed Hardy White Geisha Professional Hair Dryer I really love it and I got it off of folica.com. I use to use the Mary Kay and Ashley Olsen for Conair blow dryer that I had for like 5 years, but it died on me. After, I blow dried it for about 70% done I than comb through with a wide tooth comb to make sure there are no tangles.

Heat Styling: After I wait till it is 100% dry after the blow drying I will apply more of the CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray than just use a brush to distribute the heat protectant evenly all throughout my hair. You would want to focus the most on your ends. I do not want to miss a section or else the heat I will be using after will cause damage to my hair. If I was going to straighten my hair I would of course use a straightener. I currently I have 4 straighteners. I have the GHD Professional 1 in Original Styler Flat Iron, Ultra CHI Hot Pink 1 in. Ceramic Flat Iron, CHI 1 in. Pink Ribbon Flat Iron and Sedu Pro Ionic Ceramic Tourmaline Fat Iron 1 1/2(the one with blue plates). I would section off my hair with clips and than I would just straighten it like normal, I go very slowly. If I was going to curl my hair I would do the exact same thing, except heat styling it in a different techniques.

Serum: I have many flyaway in my hair, so to make them go flat to invisible I use the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I would squirt out the littlest amount, because if you use a lot it will make your hair look really greasy.

Dry Shampoo: After, the day I wash my hair I would use a dry shampoo because by than my hair would already be kind of oily. I am currently using the Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray.

Hairsprays: I use hairsprays a lot so I have quite a few. I mainly use hairspray to tone down my flyaway if I don't want to use the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. I use it after I curls or basically do anything with my hair involving making it wavy, curly or have some texture to it. The hairsprays I have are...

1.) Not Your Mother's She's A Tease Volumizing Hairspray
2.) Garnier Fructis Style Body Boost Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray 3 Extra Strong
3.) Garnier Fructis Style Control Non-Aerosol Hairspray Ultra Strong
4.) Tresemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray
5.) Tresemme TRES Two Ultra Fine Mist Hair Spray
6.) aussie aussome volume hair spray in maximum hold
7.) aussie sprunch hair spray(non-aerosol)
8.) aussie mega hair spray aerosol
9.) L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray
10.) TIGI Rockaholic Fun Times! Flexible Hairspray
11.) Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray 3 Maximum in Sunset Citrus

As you can see I am hair junkie, especially for hairsprays. I just got this thing for hairsprays. But I of course different buy all of this on my own, I probably bought 90% of them the rest I received as gifts and presents.

Scrunching: If I was to scrunch my hair I would use the Garnier Fructis Style Fiber Gum Putty Pliable Molding Extra Strong. It is just a pasty hair gel that I put in my hair and scrunch it. I than of course would hairspray it with one of the above hairsprays or if I am feeling really light I would use the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray.

These are all of the hair products that I have and that I use. So tell me down below what hair products you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment