Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's In My Beach Bag?



I know that there is this little fun tag going around right now called the "What's In My Beach Bag?" That is why today I decided that I should do a blog post telling you guys what I take in my beach bag to the beach with me. I know that everyone says that fall is about to start, so everyone is forgetting about the beach. But summer is technically still with us and fall does not start until September 23rd. So I thought that it was still fine for me to do this tag post. But even if fall did start, who says we can't go to the beach? So the bag I use is the Emilio Pucci Large Tote in Moonshine/Bleu Pink that I received as a birthday present last year and you can I'm pretty sure you can still find this at Nordstrom for $550.00 without tax. It is expensive but I got it as a birthday present from my dad and I've used it since then to the beach. Now I'm not sure if it is suppose to be a beach bag or not, but I only use it when I go to the beach to put my things in. When I go to the beach I don't really like to bring another separate purse with me, so I kind of have everything that I need in this Emilio Pucci Large Tote. One thing that I would recommend is that if you are going to buy a beach bag try to to find something that is not too small that you can barely put things in, but not super huge either because than everyone is going to think you're a freak. So I think that this is purse is perfect for a beach bag it is not too small, but it is not too big either for a beach bag. But I am not saying that you need to go out to buy this bag, because I know that not everyone can afford it because I know I can't. I know there are many cheap beach bags out there like Victoria's Secret I know that many of my friends uses their beach bags and it works great and is also super cute. Or if you don't want a beach bag you can just use your regular bag that you use or just bring like a plastic bag, because I know that was what I use to do before I got this purse. So I never have had a beach bag, because a plastic bag works just as well. But if you want a beach bag go for it. Try to find a bag that is water safe, because you do not want your things to get all wet of course except for swimming clothes and plus you don't want your bag to get all wet and dirty that is just not attractive. Lets get right into it...

What's In My Emilio Pucci Large Tote?...

1.) My Wallet(of course): Because I have my money, cards, change, etc in here just in case I need it. Like if I was to buy anything at the beach or after, I have my moolah in hand.
2.) Sunscreens: I got the SHISEIDO Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion N SPF 38 PA++ because later on as I am on the beach I will need to reapply this and I've found out that out of all the sunscreen I've tried this is the only one that doesn't break my face out. You can use this also on the body, but it is $34 I only use it on my face. But for my body I use the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+ so this is super great for the beach when you are out in the sun and this is also really affordable it is only $11.49. I really wish that I could use it on my face, because I know that some people says that it doesn't break them out but I don't know why it make me break out. But it works great for my body.
3.) Chapstick/Lip Balm: For chapstick and lip balm I bring the Softlips Tinted Lip Balms SPF 15 in Pearl and Rose just because they both gave me a tint of color, moisturize my lips and protect them from the sun. It is just the best of both world and it just really easy to use to apply.
4.) Mini Toothbrushes: I don't know about you guys but I have to brush my teeth when I am at the beach. Since, I usually will be drinking and eating so I will just quickly run to the restroom will there are more privacy and a mirror to brush it. Still I don't want to be carrying around a toothbrush and a toothpaste, so I always bring the Colgate Wisp plus whitening in Cool Mint. Because this is my favorite out off all the 4-5 that they have and it also whiten my teeth so that a great thing. This Colgate Wisp is perfect for traveling and just going to the beach, because you don't have to be carrying a toothpaste and toothbrush with you and it is small so super portable.
5.) Beach Towel/Regular Towel: You can never forget to bring towels to the beach or else you will be doom. I usually brings a beach towel with me so that I can lay on it and a regular towel with me so I can use to dry myself if I am wet from the water.
6.) Waterproof Mascara: I always always bring a waterproof mascara with me, because I this is one of the 2 or 3 makeup item that I wear at, to and after the beach. The waterproof mascara that I like the best for this occasion is the Covergirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. Because I don't have to bring an eyelash curler with me and this does not go anywhere. It kind of give me a curl that an eyelash curler would.
7.) Concealer: I also brings a concealer with me, but I only wear when I am leaving the beach because I believe that concealer can smudge off even if it is waterproof. And one of my all time favorite concealer is the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, because it completely covers everything so I don't really need to bring any other type of makeup. It cover blemishes and under eyes circles and bags really well. If you guys want a cheaper drugstore dupe it is the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer.
8.) Mirror: I also bring a mirror with me, but I don't know what type of mirror it is called. But you just kind of open it using the clasp and then there are two mirror. Mine is purple it is kind of like how Sephora gift card comes with a two mirrors if you know what I mean. Except, mine is round and it's lavender with some vintage detailing it's my mom so I don't really know where she got it from.
9.) Wide Tooth Comb: Always always bring a wide tooth comb with you, not a brush. Because your hair will get wet and tangle and you do not want a brush to do the job because it can break your hair so bad. So I recommend any type of comb, preferably a wide tooth one. I just use this Swissco Hand Made Brown One it works really well.
10.) Deodorant: Please please everyone bring a deodorant so than when you are about to come back home or go anywhere after the beach you won't smell. I am currently using the Suave 24 Hour protection powder Invisible Solid it works really well, but any deodorant is fine. Just find yourself a deodorant and use it, but make sure it is a good and your deodorant. You don't want and shouldn't share your deodorant, but I know I use to when I was little with my sisters. So I guess it is fine if it is your close family members.
11.) Cover ups: I also always brings a cover ups which is just basically clothes that you wear either on top of your bikini or after your wet clothes. I usually brings a tank top and a short, but this summer I brought crop tops with shorts and maxi dresses with me since they are in trend.
12.) Sunglasses: I would also suggest you to bring sunglasses, because the suns will be in your eye so bring any pair of sunglasses.My favorite sunglasses are by D&G and Ed Hardy.
13.) Pads: This product is really optional, because I don't bring it with me all the time. For us girls out there I really recommend bringing pads or tampons with you if you are on your period or you think or know you will get your period really soon. I only brings this when I am on my period or think that my cycle is about to come. I brings 2 at a time just so that I can have back ups of it, just in case I lost one or any of my friends or family need it. I never bring it just alone by it self I use pads holder http://www.shopglitzyglam.com  they are only around $12 so I recommend you guys getting one so that you can use it for school or just anywhere you are going. Sometime things from your bag might fell out and you don't want people to know that you have  a pad or tampon with you, so this is really great for that use.
14.) Phone and iPod: I'd suggest you bring your phone or iPod if you have one or even both if you have both. Because sometime you might get bored out of your mind at the beach so it is always great to have something to listen to. So I always bring my Blackberry and iPodtouch 4 it is great.
 15.) Books/Magazines: I also sometime bring a book or a magazine with me to read. I like Seventeen Magazines because they are kind of light and easy, so they won't be hard for your mind. For a book I can't say what I bring, because I go through books like crazy so I don't really remember what was the last book that I brought to the beach with me. But I wouldn't say to go something dark like vampires, crime etc. Try going with something that is kind of a light read, so it can match the beachy feel you are in. But hey, if you like to read kind of dark books than go for it.
16.) Hand Cream: If you guys didn't know I have a right palm eczema. You can read all about it in my last 1-2 blog post ago, I just post it yesterday. So if you want to know more you can click on that, but I won't get into detail here. I sometime go to the beach while I have eczema or it suddenly appears, since it can because of the saltiness of the beach it can dried out my hand. So I always bring the Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream that was recommended by my dermatologist with me, because I never know. But of course, you don't have to bring a hand cream if you don't suffer from eczema or dryness.
17.) Water: I lastly, always bring a bottle or two of plain regular water with me nothing special. I'd recommend this because you can get dehydrated while you are on the beach, so having this on hand is a huge advantage.

Now I would really like to know what you guys bring in your beach or pool bag. Don't forget to follow this blog and my twitter for a huge giveaway including books, gift cards and beauty related products.














No comments:

Post a Comment