Thursday, October 6, 2011

How to NOT Get the Cold/Flu


The fall and winter months are here. We do not want to get sick, especially the cold. It is very common in cold weathers. That is why I wanted to get this blog post up as soon as possible, before the really cold weathers are here. And basically, just before anyone get sick for having the cold. Having a cold is one of the worst thing that could ever happen to me. You have to misses days of schools and having unattractive runny nose. So is here how I prevent from getting the cold or flu if it is more common to you, but I am more prone to a cold than a flu.

1.) Shots:
Take shots at your hospital or local clinics. I got mine about 3-4 weeks ago and I am so glad, because I have not had a flu since than. It may be painful for the first few days, but it is all worth it in the end.

2.) Wash Your Hands:
I can not stress enough on how people that do not wash their hands. You should at least wash your hands 5 times a day with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds each time you do. I'd recommend doing this before you eat and after you use the restroom. This will not only prevent getting sick, but it also prevent you from getting infections like an eye infection. In case, you do rub your eyes with unsanitary hands.

3) Wear Cozy Clothes:
Always wear clothes that makes you warm and won't expose you to the cold weather. A sweater, jacket or coat will be perfect. Also, wear it to sleep and if you don't like any of these just wear a long sleeve shirt to sleep. I get sick a lot from not wearing a sweater to sleep when it's cold, because when I wake up I feel all sick.

4.) Eat Healthy:
Do NOT drink cold drinks, except for milk when you are sick or want to prevent from getting the cold or the flu. Most importantly just eat healthy. Take your vitamins daily and eat your fruits and vegetables. Eat a lot of warm stuff, like a soup.

5.) Exercise:
It has proven that exercise really help and prevent you from getting sick. But of course if you are extremely sick you don't have to exercise. Although, I am sure if you have a little cold it will help a lot if you exercise. Maybe do a 5 minute warm up and just run for 20 minutes.

Picture is from here http://newshealth.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MPj043933300001.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment