Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Evening Skincare Routine


Hi, everyone today I will be showing you my evening skincare routine. It will cover all up on what I do when I am and when I am not wearing makeup. And yes I will be doing my morning skincare routine, if you are wondering. But as of right now it is just too hectic and will be too long of a blog post if I was to add my morning skincare routine too. Plus, it's a bit different and I am also scared you guys will get confused if I do include them in this blog post. And just to get it out there I have oily combination skin and I use to suffer from acne, but my skin has been clearing up a lot for about 1-2 years now. And my skincare routine changes about every 2-3 months, because I go to a dermatologist so I can get some recommendations for my skin type. And this is what my dermatologist recommended to me to do. So after every 2-3 months I would go back to my dermatologist to get some new products suggestions. Since, my skin to tend to get used to products after 2-3 months of using it. This what I have been doing lately since I think late September and early October of this year. So I am going to stop rambling and just get right into it...

1.) Okay, so step number one in my daily evening skincare routine is to remove my makeup, if I was wearing makeup. But I will still do this exact same step with the same product even if I wasn't wearing any makeup. Because I think that this is one of the product that really help with my acne, pimples and scarring. So I would first is that I want my skin and hand to be completely 100% dry and than I would take a quarter size of 100% pure extra virgin olive oil that you can buy at the grocery store. I use the mujer kind, but any kind will work just make sure that it is pure extra virgin olive oil. Also, you can just use pure 100% olive oil, it doesn't have to be extra virgin. I apply this and cleanse it to my face first, than I would do it to my eye. Because if I do have eye makeup on and if I do it first to my eye, my eye makeup would get all over my face. Than, for this first step after I cleanse it all over my face, I would pad it gently with my hand into my skin.

2.) After, I cleanse off the extra virgin olive oil with lukewarm water, this is so that it will open my pores which will give me better results from the products i am using. I moved on to my second step which I do this everyday to my skin, but you can also just do it once a week because I know that many people just do this once a week. And that is to use my Clarisonic Mia and I have it of course in pink, since pink my favorite color. But you can get this in the plus size which is bigger and I think 2 more sizes and different colors too. I basically just first wet the head with lukewarm water and I than squirt my Philosophy Purity Made Simple Once-Step Facial Cleanser on it and I than just go ahead and use it. Now I move it in small circles and that is what I recommend you doing. And I do not press the Clarisonic into my skin. Than after this I just rinse off the cleanser and any residues that may still be left on my skin.

2.5) Okay so moving on to step 2.5 and the reason why I am calling this 2.5 is because I do not do this every single night. I only do this once every week, because this is a pretty intense treatment. And I am talking about the PMD Personal Microderm System, this is an at home microderm abrasion system. I love it! This microderm system comes with two disk. It comes with a blue disk which is for sensitive skin and a green disk which is for tougher skin. I use the green disk, because I just think that it works better for my skin. But I do sometime use the sensitive skin disk. All you do is you plug it in to the wall and you turn it on. And you just want to find an area of skin and pull it a bit tight and just run it over. Now the PMD is really awesome, because you get the same results as a professional microderm abrasion; but you don't have to go into a doctor office and you can do everything right from your home. And I do avoid any active breakouts on my face, so I do not put this over any breakouts that are currently still healing. And I do this when my skin is 100% dry, so I just kind of towel dry it before doing this system.

3.) Next it is time for toner and I use the Shiseido PURENESS Balancing Softener Alcohol-free. I really like this because not only does it smells good and help with breakouts. It also is alcohol-free, so it's not going to make your skin really dry compared to a toner that is non alcohol free. And I swears by this product it works really well, or at least for me. Than, I just get a cotton ball and wet it with this and just apply it all over my face and than onto my neck as well. This also removes any dirt you have on your face and just make you feel really good and refresh. And I do not rinse this off and I also apply it to my skin when it is dry.

3.5) The next step is that I am going to call my 3.5 because I do not do this every single day. I only do it once every single week. And that is to use a face mask, now the face mask I use is probably not accessible to everyone. But I am not positive, you can 100% get it but it is just not accessible to everyone. Because I bought it back when I was in South Korea which was since July. And it is the Black Sugar Mask that I bought at SkinFood. One thing that is really great about this, is that it is a 2 in 1 product. Since, I also only exfoliate my skin once a week and do my mask also once a week. This product is both a scrub and a face mask.And I was asking my dermatologist and she said that it will works well for my skin and lucky enough I still have quite a bit of it. But I am really sorry for any of you that don't have access to this. But I also apply it to my skin when it is dry and I do this before my toner, but I don't know what to call it, so just keep in mind that I do this before my toner. Basically, I just get about a dime size of it and apply it all over my face avoiding my eye and mouth area. And I wait for 15 minutes than I rinse it off with lukewarm water. Now my recommendations for a face mask is to only put it on for the amount of time that it says to, because I have had a bad experience with face masks before where I leave it longer than it says to. So to be on the safe side, I would recommend to leave it on for how long it says to which this Black Sugar Mask says to leave on for 10-15 minutes. Than I wash it off.

4.) Now I apply a night serum and I use the Diorsnow DNA Reverse Serum. I love this because it really improves my skin and it also prevents fine lines and has anti-aging properties in it so I love this. So I just put a couple of drops onto my fingers and than I just pad it in to my skin. I do not rub this in, I pad it in. It is much store effective if you pad it than just rubbing it in.

5.) The next step is to use a clearing moisturizer and I like using the Clinique Acne Solution Clearing Moisturizer Oil-Free. This is a benxzoyl peroxide acne treatment, so I like it. It helps prevents and clear breakouts. And yes I sometime still do get 1-2 breakouts, so it is not like a miracle worker or anything. But it do control my breakouts to a very minimal. Because I only breakout when it is that time of the month and when I really stresses out. I put a little bit onto my hand and I just put it all over my face and again I pad it in

6.) Lastly step number six is eye cream. I use Clinique All About Eyes Rich (tout pur les yeux riche). And I just get a bit of this onto my ring finger, because a little really goes along way with this eye cream. And I have total separate review on this, so if you are interested you can check that out. But anyway I just apply it under, above, to the right and to the left of my eyes. So I just apply it all over and around my eyes area.

So tell use below what is your evening skincare routine and other than that I'll talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment