Monday, October 10, 2011

Makeup for Beginners Using MAC and NARS Cosmetics

Since, I am super busy with school right now, today I just had a really big test and yep I still have more homework. I decided to do this quick and easy makeup tutorial post on makeup for beginners. So this is great if you are just starting out with makeup, but everyone can do this look whether you are a beginner or not. Now when I first started wearing makeup MAC and NARS were the first two brands that I use, because all of my older sisters and mom really like the brand. So I was kind of only introduce to MAC and NARS, so this tutorial will be exactly what I wore when I was starting to wear makeup. I don't remember all of the same exact products I use back than, because I started wearing a whole face of makeup when I was in 9th grade so at the age of 14. Which was like 4-5 years ago and as time flew I started to change my makeup routine. But I still remember the basics like concealer and eyeshadows.

Face:
1.) Apply MAC Matte Cream as a base for your face makeup to your face, obviously.
2.) Take MAC Studio Sculpt Finish SPF 35 Concealer with your finger and apply it to any imperfections and your under eyes.
3.) With MAC 183 Buffer Kabuki Brush take the NARS Powder Foundation and just apply it to your face and kind of buff it in lightly.

Eyes:
1.) Apply NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over your eyes and into the inner corner.
2.) With the MAC 139 flat eyeshadow shader brush take MAC eyeshadow in All That Glitters and apply it all over your lids.
3.) Take MAC eyeshadow in Sushi Flower and mix it with MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow and apply it to your crease with MAC 217 blending brush.
4.) With the MAC 224 Blending Brush just blend out any harsh line above the crease.
5.) Take MAC 227 large fluff highlighting brush with MAC Eyeshadow in Blanc Type and apply it to your brow bone.
6.) The last step for the eyeshadows is to just take NARS Eye Contour Brush with NARS Shimmer Eyeshadow in Tibet and mix it with MAC All That Glitters eyeshadow and apply it to your inner corner.
7.) Take MAC Fascinating Eye Kohl and apply it to your waterline.
8.) Curl your lashes with the NARS eyelash curler.
9.) Apply a coat of the NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara.

Cheeks:
1.) With the MAC 168 apply MAC powder blush in Well Dressed to your cheeks up to your temple.

Lips:
1.) Apply MAC lipstick in Angel to your lips.
2.) Top it off with NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight.

Optional:
1.)Apply MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl to your cheekbone.
2.) Contour and bronze your face with the MAC Bronzing Powder to your 3E spot and contour it under your cheekbone and on the side of your temples. Choose which ever shade is best for you, mine is Golden.

Remember you can always substitute these products to whatever works best for you. It doesn't have to be high end like MAC or NARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment