Sunday, October 30, 2011

MAC Starter Kit

A while ago I did a NARS Starter Kit blog post, which if you didn't know NARS is my all time favorite makeup brand. Today I will be doing my takes on a MAC one. I also really really like MAC, but just not as much as NARS. So this is what I would recommend to a beginner that want to get into MAC. I will picks out my favorite product and just the basics and I'll explain to you why I picked it. So very similar to the NARS one and if you want to know my NARS beginner recommendations are than feel free to visit my few blog posts back.

Face:
1.) Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50- My all time favorite face primer from MAC would have to be the MAC Matte Cream, but when I looked on the MAC site they didn't have it. So I am guessing it maybe discontinued, but you can find it at the CCO. But if I was to choose my favorite face primer that is in the MAC permanent collection after the MAC Mate Cream it would have to be the Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50. I would recommend this if you have oily skin like me and want your foundation to last all day, but still have protection from the sun. I love the Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 it blends in to your skin invisibly nicely.

2.) Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation- If you are looking for a great powder foundation from MAC. I would definitely recommend the Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. I have been using it for about a year now and I really really like it.

3.) Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation- Although, I have oily combination skin my skin is not that bad. I don't really get pimples and only have a few scars. So my favorite MAC foundation would have to be the Pro Longwear SPF 10 Liquid Foundation. It is lightweight, blends nicely and last a really long time. I would have to say that MAC foundation can break you out, but lucky enough it doesn't for me. And I would not recommend this foundation if you want full coverage, because this is a sheer to medium coverage foundation. But I like it because I don't have that bad of a skin and I usually use a concealer on top of it. Which brings me to my next topic concealer.

4.) Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer- My favorite concealer from MAC is the Studio Finish 35 Concealer. This seriously covers up everything. It covers up scars and pimples really well. But one thing that it is not good at are under eyes. If you have problem with under eyes circles, I would not recommend this concealer. It will be too thick for the delicate eye skin and will crease.

5.) Select Cover-Up Concealer- My favorite under eyes concealer from MAC would have to be the Select Cover-Up. It really erase the under eyes circles. Just to brighten and lighten that area up.

6.) Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- The setting powder that I recommend from MAC is the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I just love this powder. I literally use it every time to set my makeup. It just blends into my skin my a dream.

7.) Bronzing Powder- For bronzer my favorite from MAC is the bronzing powder. I am in the shade Refined Golden. Which is the lightest shade of bronzer they have.

Cheeks:
1.) Powder Blush- My favorite blush from MAC is Pink Swoon. It is a bright true pink color, but since it is a sheertone it applies sheerly to your skin. Which is why I like this blush, because it is very build able to your desire.

Eyes:
1.) Paint Pots- If you are looking for a good MAC primer I would recommend one of the paint pots. My favorite from them is in Painterly. It goes with any eyeshadows color. It is basically just a creamy nude beige.

2.) Eyeshadows- My top 3 eyeshadows that I picked are all neutral wearable eyeshadows colors. Because I think that if you are a beginner to MAC I would recommend the neutral shades first. I would recommend Blanc Type, which is a nice matte creamy beige highlighter. This is my all time favorite highlighter. For the lid I would really recommend Ricepaper. I know that most people recommend All That Glitters, but I like Ricepaper a lot more. So I'm going to recommend Ricepaper. For the crease my all time favorite brown eyeshadow is Woodwinked. This shadow 99% of the time works for all skintone. It is just a really nice crease and lower lash line color. And I would recommend buying these in the Pro Refill Pan form over the pot, because they are like $4 cheaper and you don't have to deal with the depotting and you can just put them in any palettes.

3.) Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline- My all time favorite black eyeliner is the Kohl Power Eye Pencil in Feline. It is a really nice pigmented rich black eyeliner. It used to be discontinued, but now MAC finally make it in their permanent collection. So I am so happy that I won't have to stock up on these.

4.) Eye Kohl in Fascinating- My all time favorite white eyeliner is also from MAC and it is the Fascinating Eye Kohl. I love using this eyeliner as a base and to use brighten up my eyes. It is my absolute favorite standing next to Feline Kohl Power Eye Pencil.

5.) Brown Eyeliners- Now I think every girl should have a black, white and brow eyeliners in their makeup collection. So for brown eyeliners I have 2 from MAC that I really like and recommend, but I just can't choose between these two. The first one is Coffee Eye Pencil or Eye Pencil in Coffee. This eyeliner is a true muted brown eyeliner color. I absolutely love it. My next eyeliner pencil I like to call it a brown with a twist, because it is not your typical brown eyeliner pencil. It is a reddish metallic brown eyeliner and that is Teddy Eye Kohl or Eye Kohl in Teddy, it's however you want to say or call it.

6.) I would not recommend any MAC mascaras, they are just not a top for me. I would recommend drugstores mascaras instead over MAC mascaras. Not to bash them or anything but MAC mascaras really suck in my opinion.

Lips:
1.) Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 in Petting Pink- You guys have to check out MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 they are just so moisturizing and is really pretty on your lips. My favorite out of the 3 they have so far is Petting Pink. It just give you a nice tinted pink sheen to your lips.

2.) Lip Pencil- If I was to only to pick one lip pencil from MAC it would have to be Naked Liner Lip Pencil. It literally goes with any lip color you are going for since it is a light neutral color.

3.) Lipstick in Blankety- My favorite MAC lipstick is Blankety. It is an amplified creme so it is really creamy and moisturizing and goes on really well. It goes with a lot of look. I would describe the color as a soft pinky beige color.

4.) Cremesheen Glass- My favorite lipglass that I would totally recommend from MAC to anyone is the Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait. I absolutely love love that color. You do not even need to wear a lipstick under it for it to show up or to look fabulous.

That is all the products that I recommend to anyone starter kit, but I just want to address that this is MY take on a MAC Starter Kit. This is what I would recommend to a beginner at MAC, but you do not have to buy every single products I recommend. Take it an outline for your take on it. So good luck! And expect a haul coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment